May 8, 2007

Educational Essay

Becoming a teacher has been one of the most rewarding decisions I have ever made. It has brought out the best in me and I can now see my future and the future of America in full bloom. I believe I can make a positive contribution to your school system in so many ways. Being a natural maximizer, I am able to find potential in every student by creating an environment that is fun, friendly, and full of energy. Each day we sing songs, dance, and play in ways that are not only building their self esteem but also feeding their bodies and minds. My classroom environment keeps students' imaginations running wild. I create a good balance of classroom management techniques that are fair and effective. I can handle most student issues that conflict with my expectations in my classroom; whereas, on some occasions I need to seek out help from other team members. Other teachers often look to me for my ability to organize events such as field trips and other school functions. I am also able to coordinate well with my fellow teachers to plan a learning environment that is suitable for children’s learning needs. Not only do I mentor within my small group of students, I am also always willing and excited to do other duties that are either assigned to me or volunteered. I have an extra willingness to go above and beyond my duties as a teacher and use my skill sets to plan and organize school and community events such as banquets and agriculture leadership events. I believe that I have learned so much in my first two years of teaching and I am continuing to grow. I would be a proud part of your school system and a teacher you could count on.

No comments: